Monday, June 10, 2013

The 'Gatsby Oval Ring' by Faith Jewels

Stunning 'Gatsby Oval Ring' ready to Wow...



My 'Oval Gatsby Ring' is complete. Absolutely out of the world. 
Three-dimensional and truly truly stunning!
I hope you like a showcase of some images attached. It was a real dilemma deciding what centre diamond to fit into this jewel. We had a choice of 3 different one-carat oval diamonds for the centre. All three diamonds were around 1.00ct, 
GIA certified, D-SI2, F-SI1 and G-SI1.
With varying quality in Polish and symmetry features and measurements. 

I promised a price point to meet my client's needs for this jewel, 
and the decision lay in my completely in my hands,
as she trusted me whole-heartedly to find the best diamond perfect for this design.

In the end I went with the D-coloured diamond as I loved the pure river white colour you only capture in a D-coloured gemstone and it also came with an exceptional length in measurement to truly flatter this design. The SI2 clarity which I generally avoid, was comfortably accepted, as this diamond had barely any imperfections on the table. Truly rare gem that could not be missed, and so timely sourced from my favourite diamond cutter and associate from New York. 

Surrounded by a further 1.00ct total of side diamonds of varying sizes to fit into the petal features, this amazing ring totals just over 2.00cts. 
I was inspired to name this the 'Gatsby Oval Ring' as my client recently glimpsed this image on the paper of Tiffany's celebration of the Great Gatsby movie, now on show. 
My heart skipped a beat when I saw the ring, as it is indeed rather identical to my client's. Details of the jewel pictured: Ring of pavé diamonds and a center diamond of 5.25 carats, in platinum. From The Great Gatsby collection by Tiffany & Co. Price upon request. 

Coming from experience in the jewellery trade, I can already pretty accurately guess the price tag. Which makes me really proud to successfully achieve such a stunning show of diamonds in my Gatsby ring version for under USD10,000 to work to my client's budget. 
So for readers concerned that my jewels and designs are out of reach, I can assure you I treasure most about the design process and essence of each jewel's significance.

It has been such an enjoyable journey creating this jewel for a most special lady, whom I know will wear this ring with pride and joy at the most special of occasions! 

Thank you Mdm Leong... Happy 83rd Birthday!


2 comments:

  1. Really nice post admin, you are doing a great job.

    pave wedding band

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really Amazing! I got a custom ring by emailing the wizardofdiamonds.com guy and he made it almost as nice as yours custom!

    ReplyDelete