Thursday, May 2, 2013

"Will you marry me?" says Prince Charming on his white horse

Buy this Fragrance & experience the romance of riding white horses with your loved one...

One of my all time favorite true proposal stories I love to tell... depicted by this beautiful image.

The picture of Ralph Lauren's Women's fragrance Romance brings a smile to my face. (By the way it is not quite easy to kiss and ride two horses yet look feminine, romantic and elegant all at the same time. So credit to Ralph Lauren's marketing team for capturing such a brilliant picture. )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps it's the fairytale of Cinderella, Snow White... blame Disney Princesses! But something about white horses galloping gallantly away into the sunset conjures romantic happy ever after imagery.


He was a quietly confident man, soft-spoken and gentle in demeanor. Ordinary yet quirky at the same time. Sitting down in our jewellery boutique, he started to relate his engagement proposal as they all do, when they feel so comfortable like we as consultants have become their mate. It was a quiet late afternoon after a busy lunch time and the team on the floor started to gather around him as he shared his experience. Adding the 'Oooo..'s and the 'Aahhh... 's at the appropriate time like it was perfectly rehearsed.


"... I first planned to rent a Horse Drawn Carriage to ride up to my girlfriend's house and propose, but I decided to go that step further, learn some horse riding , then lease a nice white horse.... which I did..." he spoke so excitedly. His girlfriend is a teacher at the local primary school, so he thought to it innovative to take it that step further, seeking permission from the school principal and staff to propose to his beloved at morning assembly in front of the whole school.

I can hear all our hearts racing as me and my team listened intently to his story. I know many ladies including myself, would have died (of shock? embarrassment? horror?) if my boyfriend asked to marry me in front of a few hundred people, young or old, dressed in a rented gleaming crisp white suit, and riding to morning school assembly on a pristine white stallion (or as in the movie Shrek... a noble steed). Coming down from his horse, going down on one knee, and saying those words through a microphone already waiting for him, as he pulled out the ring box...

Well that is exactly what he did. It really takes one to know another. It takes someone so brave and mad dare I say to carry out what he planned. It also takes a girl so brave to say 'YES' in front of so many and probably recount this tale to the last day of her life, laughing or cringing? Perhaps she can still hear the thunderous applause and cheering that must errupt from the assembly of students, in awe of what they had just witnessed. Oh bless the little girls who love Disney...

He thanks us for all the help for his beautiful engagement ring and strides out of the boutique grinning ear-to-ear, beaming a smile he cannot wipe from his face.

Cheers to romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment